Tahini is the secret ingredients to our salad. This meal takes just 20 minutes to make.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 320g sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin sticks (320g)
- 2 large courgettes, (375g) cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 x 390g cans green lentils, drained
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- Good handful of mint, roughly chopped
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 2½ -3 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 x 120g yogurt
- a little smoked paprika, to serve
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok. Add the sweet potato and fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently until it starts to soften. If it starts to brown too quickly, put a lid on the pan.
- Add the carrot, courgette, onion, cumin and ginger, then cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, until the veg is tender and a little charred. Stir in the seeds towards the end so they cook for a couple of mins. Remove from the heat and add the lentils, bouillon powder, lemon zest, mint and parsley.
- Meanwhile, stir the tahini with the garlic, yogurt and 1 tbsp water to make a dressing. Spoon the lentil salad into bowls and top with the dressing and paprika, if using. If you’re following our Healthy Diet Plan, save two portions stored in containers and chill until ready to eat.
Shop Dry Mint, Tahini and Yogurt on our website
Dried Mint 50g
Dried mint leaves add a distinctive flavor to foods and have been used for centuries in cooking.
Producer: Kamsheh W Rasheh