Cashew Butter is the secret ingredients to our delicious dish.
- 1 cup cashews butter
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb. chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 – 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 – 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon chili powder
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 13 Minutes
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown on both sides, about 10 minutes total. You don’t need to cook the chicken all the way. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- While the chicken is browning, start cooking the curry. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until it is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and let it cook for 5 minutes more. Add all the spices to a small bowl while the onions are cooking.
- Add the spices to the onions and let them cook for a minute, stirring the whole time. Pour the tomatoes into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan. Carefully transfer to your blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the curry back into the pan, add the cashew cream, the chopped chicken, 1/2 cup of water, and (if using) the brown sugar. Bring the curry to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt.
Cashew butter is a food spread made from roasted cashews. It is rich and creamy in flavor. It is the best, CREAMIEST replacement for cream to turn any recipe vegan!
2 tablespoons provides around 160 calories, 4 grams of protein and a large amount of unsaturated healthy fats. More importantly, it provides around 20% of iron and magnesium requirements, and 30% of copper. These nutrients enable the body to form red blood cells. They help maintain healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves, and immune function.
Ingredients: Cashew, very small amount of Honey
- Use it instead of cream in any recipe!
- with some apples or berries on toast or in crepes
- Can replace butter on toast, for a boost of protein
- Improves the taste of your oatmeal or muesli
- In your smoothies for a boost of protein
- In chocolaty cookies & cakes
Producer: Oats & Honey MEET ME!